Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Station Agent


Yesterday we had a wonderful tree lined riverside trail. End of the day found us in a very nice restaurant with white tablecloths and wine glasses instead of our normal fare. Everyone knows how much I like soups but I have been avoiding the local garlic soup, until I finally decided to try it and what a surprise. Then I had delicious stuffed red peppers and cheesecake. I haven't eaten this much for ages. Meantime, Jerry was savoring one of the best (according to Jerry the lamb expert) leg of lamb... ever. It had wild mushrooms and a red wine sauce and I had to remind him that it probably was not appropriate to lick the plate. The night before, after a grueling long day, we decided to stay at a recently renovated train depot. The people were fantastic, but you should not always assume that just because the depot was abandoned that the tracks were also. Thank heaven for earplugs and their schedule stopped just before midnight. 


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful trail. And that's the way to end the day. A fine meal and happy times.

    ReplyDelete